Re: [Groff] Oddities in mm

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Oddities in mm
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:24:58 +0100

Hi Larry,

> Has anyone noticed problems with mmroff in groff 1.18? The index &
> xref systems depend on mmroff to build the files, and mmroff just
> isn't doing it (and worse, it seems to delete headings from the
> output).
>
> I'll send an example file later if anyone needs it.

I think someone else on the list had this problem recently and Werner
got them going.

Are you using -rRef=1 on the first pass?  IIRC that didn't use to be
necessary but then `unsafeness' came along.

    $ cat ind.t
    .INITR ind
    .SETR abc 123
    abc =
    .GETST abc
    $ groff -mm -z -Z -rRef=1 ind.t 2>ind.qrf
    $ cat ind.qrf
    .\" Rfilename: ind.qrf
    .ds qrf*ref-abc-hn
    .ds qrf*ref-abc-pn 0