Re: [Groff] tbl like structures

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] tbl like structures
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:35:28 -0400

Jonas Jermann wrote:

> .... In short: I decided to
> restructure the man page to solve certain problems. This
> includes:
>
>     - A way to specify big suboption description without the
>       need to manually structure them (e.g. line brake at a
>       certain position, add spaces to fit position, etc)

I grabbed a copy of the manpage in question. Is the description
under the -cdda option an example here?

> Ok, I'll try (again) to describe it: Basically all I need are ideas
> how to get a easy structure, with nice html and man page output.

I went through the same thing when I rewrote the -ms manpage.
You can nest .TP paragraphs by enclosing them in .RS & .RE
macros -- here's the markup for the -cdda option to get you
started:

.TP
.B \-cdda <option1:option2>
This option can be used to tune the CD Audio reading feature of MPlayer.
Available options are:
.RS
.TP
speed=<value>
set CD spin speed
.TP
paranoia=<value>
set paranoia level (0-2)
.RS
.TP
0:
disable checking
.TP
1:
overlap checking only (default)
.TP
2:
full data correction and verification
.RE
.TP
generic-dev=<value>
use specified generic SCSI device
.TP
sector-size=<value>
atomic read size
.TP
overlap=<value>
force minimum overlap search during verification to <value> sectors.
.TP
toc-bias
Assume that the beginning offset of track 1 as reported in the TOC will
be addressed as LBA 0.
Some Toshiba drives need this for getting track boundaries correct.
.TP
toc-offset=<value>
Add <value> sectors to the values reported when addressing tracks.
May be negative.
.TP
(no)skip             (
never) accept imperfect data reconstruction.
.RE
.TP
.B \-chapter ....

Does that look like it would work for you?

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the