Re: [Groff] nesting tbl?

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] nesting tbl?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:15:10 -0700 (PDT)

I was thinking a bit further on nesting tables. I'm sure it would
be a VERY good enhancement to the whole groff package. I think that
it shouldn't be to complicated to program it and furthermore it
wouldn't be in conflict with past versions of *roff. The treatment
could be similar to that used in the T{...T} and it could be treating
each level of tables in a similar way as one in C would call a
routine within the same routine.

I found that tbl is sometimes the only way to achieve certain page
layouts, such as having freely placed figures (gremlin or postscript)
and blocks of text. In this way one could mix arbitrary tables
within other higher (in the hierarchical sense) tables. Any thoughts
about this?

Dan