Re: [Groff] How can I typeset Chinese text using groff?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] How can I typeset Chinese text using groff?
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:03:29 +0200 (CEST)

I've forwarded your message to the ffii administrators so that they
can answer that more detailed.

> Is there detailed document that describes typesetting Chinese text
> using groff?

No.  With default groff, you can't process Chinese.  I don't think
that a Chinese version of groff exists, only a Japanese one.
Theoretically, you should be able to use that also (if you restrict
yourself to GB 2312 as the input encoding) with only minor changes.

I've CCed the maintainer of the Japanese Debian version of groff.
Perhaps he can help.