Re: [Groff] mm docs

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] mm docs
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:00:27 -0500

[I am here catching up with lots of old mail, apologies for the echo...]

On Saturday, August 24, 2002 6:58 AM,
Larry Kollar <address@hidden> wrote referring to the unbearable
subtleness of being:

> address@hidden wrote:
>
>> The only docs I have so far uncovered that cover mm are the good old
>> manpages. This is ok, but do perhaps other docs exist also? :-P

The ultimate reference is Joerg Haegg's manual
(ftp://ftp.axis.se/pub/groff/). Unfortunately, for me, it is is Swedish :)
(how's the translation coming along Sigfrid?):

$ ncftpls -l ftp://ftp.axis.se/pub/groff/swedish_mm_manual.src.tgz
-rw-------   1 ftp      ftp        131086 Aug 27  1996
swedish_mm_manual.src.tgz

If you have access to WinWord97/2k/XP or to OpenOffice, you may be
interested in the sample chapters from Rosen and Host's "UNIX: The Complete
Reference" that gives a somewhat easy intro into mm:

See
http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/007211892X.html

The direct links are:

Introduction to Text Processing: