Re: [Groff] three questions on m.tmac, escapes and locale

From: Joergen Haegg
Subject: Re: [Groff] three questions on m.tmac, escapes and locale
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:50:21 +0200

In message <address@hidden> you write:

I can answer those questions that concerns the mm macro package:

> 1)  How can I get Text Escapes --- e.g. ``\(:a'' for german Umlaut รค
> (Latex \"a) --- inside .WA / .WE (or .IA / .IE).  Everything in there seems
> to be used literally.

I'm working on that one.

> 2) I looked at mmse to produce a similar mmde.  But in the process found out,
> that by setting @language to de, mm (or mmse, mmde) would source
> mm/de_locale.  So why shouldn't I use de_locale to have all the
> differences and just put ``.ds @language de'' in the top of my rof files
> containing german documents.

Yes, that's the idea. 'locale' is a general local file and
XX_locale is the language specific one.

>Or asking the other way round, what should
> be put into mm/locale, or mm/lang_locale?

Local changes to the mm-macro package.

>       BTW why is there no central repository for localized versions of
>       this macro?  I guess there must be like a hundret german users who all
>       have their own hand made macros.

Actually, you are the first one asking this question, I'll be happy
to include a german version of mmse.

mmse also contains letter macros that corresponds to the
swedish letter standard.

I'm sure there is a german standard that someone might want to write. :-)