[Groff] Bug with mom-1.1.3 and groff-1.18

From: Michael Hobgood
Subject: [Groff] Bug with mom-1.1.3 and groff-1.18
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:07:49 -0500

I've found a bug using the mom-1.1.3 macros
with groff 1.18.  The bug was found when
I went to reformat some old material prepared
using mom-1.1.3 and groff-1.17.2.  Under the
old combination, it worked.  Now it doesn't.
What is happening is the top of the page is
being moved up.  Since a picture is worth
a thousand words, I've attached three files:

The first file is the source code to reproduce
the problem.  Run groff -mom source > outfile
using groff-1.17.2 and it formats correctly.
Run groff -mom source > outfile using groff-1.18
and it no longer does.

The second and third files show the resulting
postscript output for 1.17.2 and 1.18 respectively.

Cordially,
Michael Hobgood