Re: [Groff] Bug in html backend

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bug in html backend
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:40:00 +0100

overall a good idea, a few comments though:

> $groff_root/regression/[man|html|ps|dvi|ascii]

why not simplify it and just have:

   $groff_root/regression/[man|ms|mm]

and then run each test with

 -Thtml  -m$(dir)
 -Tdvi   -m$(dir)
 -Tascii -m$(dir)
 -Tps    -m$(dir)

etc

> What do people think ? Please comment before I get to work about problems
> with the scheme I presented...

generally an excellent idea. It's one thing to determine whether
groff performs an error and exits. Certainly a very useful and
commendable test in itself.  But its another issue to generate a
script to automatically test the validity of groff's output. How or
would you propose to do the later?

Gaius