Re: [Groff] Whoops, here's the ch06 errors

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] Whoops, here's the ch06 errors
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:04:27 -0400

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:47:26AM -0400, Larry Kollar wrote:

> Meg McRoberts wrote:
>
> The only issues I'm seeing are in spacing (rather, a lack of)
> around & inside SS/SE displays -- Jon asked earlier how
> big the margins should be inside; I'd like 2n or maybe 3n.

The indent is currently 3n and that seems to work nicely for both
large and small boxes.  The spacing that I'm concerned about is
the space between the top of the box and the *previous* line.
For example, with

Some random text
.SS
Stuff inside the box
.SE

the top of the box is flush against ``Some random text.''
I can either add some space in the SS macro or we can have
people fix it up for whatever makes sense in their particular
case.  I'm thinking we should probably add some space--an
individual user can always back it off if desired.  Anyway,
let me know if you want space and how much.

Larry, are you satisfied with the spacing *inside* the box?
It looks OK to me, so unless people tell me otherwise, I will
leave that alone.  BTW, the spacing inside the X[1-4] generated
boxes is a little different, so I guess there are two questions
here.

Jon Snader