Re: [Groff] Chapter 05 question

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] Chapter 05 question
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 10:59:38 +0200

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 08:11:31PM -0700, Meg McRoberts wrote:
> I don't have a copy of the original book in my hands -- have all
> sorts of requests out for it and hope to have one eventually.
> Meanwhile, could someone who has the book look at the bottom of
> page 107?  The text that is there in the scanned-in version
> doesn't seem quite right.
>
> The last two lines of page 107 in the scanned version reads:
>
>     .QP
>     In the next couple of days, I'll be putting together a ...
>
> The top of the next page begins:
>
>     .ad r
>      April 1, 1987
>      .sp 2
>      .ad
>      .nf
>       Mr. John Fust
>
> and so forth.

It seems to be alright, although the page sequence could be nicer.
Page 107 is continued with page 110, while pages 108 and 109 show a
long example on a double page.  Maybe this insertion should be moved
to a better place, or page 107 should end with `[continued at p. 110]'
and page 110 could start with `[continued from p. 107]'. Or something
else of a creative idea.

Bernd Warken