Re: [Groff] CW problems

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] CW problems
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:35:35 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 03:00:58AM -0700, Meg McRoberts wrote:
> I just glanced at my printout of Chapter 5.  It appears that
> the \fCW and .CW font changers are not working.  The chapter
> title includes \fCW and that text is not printing at all; in
> the rest of the chapter, anything marked .CW is printing out
> as monofont 0's
>
> CW is working fine in the utp.t that I also printed out.  Does
> anyone know what this is off the top of your heads or should I
> dig into it myself?  Has anyone else run ch05.t into postscript
> and then pdf (using ps2pdf) and had the .CW stuff work?

It seems to be better to use font `CR' instead of `CW'.  The only
problem is device `dvi' which can be solved by defining

.if '\*[.T]'dvi' \{\
.  ftr CB CW
.\}

at the head of the file.  To cope with the `tty' devices, the following
definitions are quite handy:

.if n \{\
.  mso tty-char.tmac
.  ftr CR R
.  ftr CI I
.  ftr CB B
.\}

I'm using these definitions in the some of the groff man pages.

Bernd Warken