Re: [Groff] UTP: Chapter 10 is finished

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP: Chapter 10 is finished
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:43:52 -0400

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 02:30:46AM -0700, Meg McRoberts wrote:

> --- Michael Hobgood <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I just mailed Larry Chapter 10, Using PIC.
> > Enjoy.
>
> Question: I got two errors out of groff'ing that chapter.  Do
> we care?  I tend to think that I should clean up errors like
> this even if they aren't hurting the output -- does everyone
> agree?

I agree.  I went to some trouble to make sure the UTP macros don't
generate errors.  Sometimes they may be unavoidable, but to the
extent we can, I think the typesetting should not generate errors.

>One of the errors is a .H alone on a line -- I need to
> check the utp/ms macros to be sure but with mm I know what that
> is.  The other one must be an ms-specific issue related to .in --
> I expect I'll figure it out when I read the doc...

This presumably is to change to the Helvetica font.  That's not
an -ms macro and I didn't put it in the UTP macros.  If we need
it, let's put it in utp.mac rather than have everyone implementing
their own.  If everyone agrees, I'll update utp.mac and send it to
Larry.  Let me know.

Jon Snader