Re: [Groff] UTP markup

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP markup
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:47:44 -0700 (PDT)

I am a professional scribe with time on my hands -- would be
happy to do some stylistic editing.  I must confess that I
don't quite know what the UTP is -- I've been lurking here
hoping that all would become clear...

Is this documentation available for viewing on the web?  I
downloaded the groff-current stuff but am having some trouble
getting it to build.  I've always had tools people who dealt
with this stuff, I'm afraid.

Reading through the source code, I have spotted a few little
things that could be improved.  One big item is a statement
that UNIX is a trademark of AT&T Bell Laboratories.  AT&T
Bell Laboratories hasn't existed for some time.  I believe
the UNIX trademark is owned by X/Open.  Caldera obtained
ownership of the UNIX sourcecode when it acquired SCO.  Nice
mess, eh?

With the caveat that I'm more familiar with mm macros than me,
I'd be happy to work with anyone on some of this picayune writing
stuff but I need suggestions for dealing with the mechanics.

meg