Re: [Groff] roff mime types

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] roff mime types
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:43:57 +0200

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 07:38:09AM +0200, Bernd Warken wrote:
> On my Linux system, the files /etc/mime.types has:
>
> application/x-troff             t tr roff
> application/x-troff-man         man
> application/x-troff-me          me
> application/x-troff-ms          ms
>
> This confirms what is "officially" considered an extension for a roff file.
>
> But `mm' and `mom' are lacking.

`mm' and `mom' are contrib packages.  So the package maintainers should
work on this.  I see two possibilities:

1) Get the file name extension an official mime type (who knows where
this is administered?).  I think this should be done for `mm'.

2) Change the file names of all existing documents using this macro
package to use one of the official extensions (`.t', `.tr', or `.roff').
This can be easily done for `mom', but no more for `mm'.  For, as the file
name does not give information on which macro package is to be used,
there should be an explicit `.mso' in each document.

Bernd Warken