Re: [Groff] New `papersize' keyword

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] New `papersize' keyword
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:03:06 +0200 (CEST)

> >   o A new keyword `papersize' has been added to the DESC file format.
> >     Its argument is either
> >
> > Please test and enjoy!
>
> Looks good.  From the code it looks like any papersize entry in DESC
> over-rides any paperheight or paperwidth entries, regardless of the
> order they occur in.

No.  `papersize' sets both the vertical and horizontal dimension of
the output medium, whereas `paperwidth' and `paperwidth' sets only
one dimension.  Later entries override previous values.  So

  papersize a4
  paperlength 30i

produces a paperwidth of a4 and a paperlength of 30i.

> Is it worth spelling this out in groff_font(5)?

I think it is already, but maybe you can suggest better wording.