Re: [Groff] Re: PSPIC error - "missing argument"

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: PSPIC error - "missing argument"
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:04:06 +0100

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 12:15:27PM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> That's a shame.  Perhaps next time you make claims such as `groff is
> full of subtle bugs' and `it is absolutely insecure (buffer-overflows)'
> you do us the courtesy of backing them up with some facts.  Otherwise,
> you get a reputation for making unfounded, sensationalist, claims.

I must say that that sort of claim is rather concerning for those who
ship groff in an environment where it's sometimes called by setuid
programs (lpd is an example, IIRC). Am I going to have to backport a lot
of patches from CVS to 1.18 once Bernd makes his concerns public?

--
Colin Watson                                  address@hidden