Re: [Groff] Silly question? TrueType fonts

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Silly question? TrueType fonts
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:48:37 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 9:38 AM

> > > Is it possible to add TrueType fonts to groff? Specifically,
> > > I've been using Verdana for quick reference guides at work &
> > > and wanted to see what groff could do with it.
> >
> > Yes,it is. I have been very successfull using ttfto42
> > (http://www.giga.or.at/pub/nih/ttftot42/, or
> > ftp://www.giga.or.at/pub/nih/ttftot42/). It requires Freetype 1.3.1
for
> > compilation.
>
> Please write a small `HOWTO' which I can add to the grops
> documentation!

Will do.

BTW, ttfto42 hasn't been updated in years. If anyone who really knows
how to program and understands both versions of the Freetype library
took over maintenace and updated it to use the latest version, it would
be great. I think that the usefulness to tftot42 is presently quite
restricted to groff.