Re: [Groff] UTP markup

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP markup
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:25:12 -0400

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:19:11PM +0200, Heinz-Jürgen Oertel wrote:

> John,
> If you please look at chapter 3,
> about the editor vi,
> the book very often use boxes to represent a display content.
> If your macros are close to ms,
> can I use .BX or .B1/.B2 for it ?
>
> Best Regards
> Heinz

Hi Heinz,

Appendix F talks about the .SS and .SE macros that start and end a screen
illustration box with curved corners.  Why don't you use those.  In the
worst case we can alias them to .B1 and .B2, but I'll work on implementing
them for the final UTP macro package.

For those wondering, I am making progress on the macros, and I hope to
have (at least an initial) version soon.  Once I get the initial set done,
I'll query the group on any other macros that are needed.

Jon Snader