[Groff] PSPIC error - "missing argument"

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] PSPIC error - "missing argument"
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:02:23 -0400

Trying to format the following file with the most recent
CVS version:

.sp
.psbb img/aid.eps
\n[llx] \n[lly] \n[urx] \n[ury]
.PSPIC img/aid.eps
.sp
foo

I get the following error:
        grops:img/aid.eps:13: missing argument

and I get a blank page (gv shows nothing and attempting
to print doesn't even eject a blank page).

The line that grops is complaining about looks like this:
        %%BeginResource: procset GS_epswrite_2_0_1001

This is similar to the error reported in:
        http://ffii.org/archive/mails/groff/2002/Jun/0045.html
that Werner fixed, but that message seemed only cosmetic
(i.e. he got decent output) and I'm not getting anything.

I had a look at the output, and everything seems to be there
(including a showpage at the end). What gives?  I can send the
EPS file if needed; it's only 3K but it happens with others.
I extracted it from a PDF file & converted it to EPS with
GhostScript (6.5.1); gv can display the file on its own.
I also tried it with another EPS file (from Dia), I got no
error message but still got no output.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the