Re: [Groff] documentation on macro writing

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] documentation on macro writing
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 19:28:16 -0400

Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> > That's more or less what I was thinking -- text first, macro religious
> > wars later. We could go ahead & code up things like tables, equations
> > (if any), and pictures, since the commands don't change regardless of
> > macro package.

> > I'll start working on Chapter 5 tonight, unless someone else has
> > already started. I'll be reading that chapter, so I can just type
> > while I read.
>
> OK, if plain text it is initially that's fine.  Would you be willing to
> coordinate?  Keep track of what's done, have folks send you stuff as
> they type it up, tell us what still needs doing occasionally, etc.?
>
> I've got appg done, all page_646.pbm of it, if you're interested :-)

"He who opens his mouth gets the work." :-)
OK, I'll drive the bus. Those of you who have typed up stuff, gzip
it up & send it along.

The way I'm typing Chapter 5 is to put a blank line in between
paragraphs (we can always use .blm and take the lazy way out)
and put italic & Courier text on a line by itself (so we can easily
add the .I or .CW macros, or their equivalents, once we sort that
part out). I'm starting each sentence on a new line as well.

I'll post a status list & more thoughts later tonight.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the