[Groff] Re: grohtml patches

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: grohtml patches
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:17:25 +0200 (CEST)

> here are some patches for grohtml containing some of the items on the
> wish list.

Thanks!  I'll apply them soon.

>   +  the \O[0] and \O[1] now operate in a device independant manner.
>      \O[0] suppresses output and \O[1] enables output.
>      \O[3] begins a new level. \O[4] ends a level.
>      So:
>
>          `hello \O[0]world\O[1] again'
>
>      yields:
>
>          `hello       again'

I think we need a request which does the same as `\O', say,
`.enable'.  In some situations, using \O is really bad since it
starts a partial line.

  hello
  .enable 0
  world
  .enable 1
  again

(The request name `.output' is reserved -- I'll soon implement this
sqtroff request which is the pendant to \X at top-level.)

BTW, is there any chance to get rid of psselect?  Having a dependency
on two external packages (netpbm and ghostscript) is already a
pain... psselect looks fairly small; what about integrating it into
grohtml?