Re: [Groff] initi in mm

From: Joergen Haegg
Subject: Re: [Groff] initi in mm
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 07:00:19 +0200

In message <address@hidden> you write:
> I've problems with the -mm macros.  I wanted to write something with
> both cross-references and an index.  So I inserted .INITI and .INITR.
> But now groff outputs the contents of the file_base.ind at the place
> where the .INITR macro is.  So

If you are using a newer version of mgm you'll have to
process your file with mmroff instead of groff. I changed
both INITI and INITR a while ago because the unsafe operations
was not allowed in Debian. (Which actually is good, it gives better
security.)

Both versions will create two files, file_base.qrf
and file_base.ind. However, there is a 'bug' in mmroff that
makes it not creating file_base.qrf if not needed.
But the macro package assume that the file exists.
I've changed that now, will be in the cvs in a few days.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This code:
> .INITI file_base
> .H 1 "My Title"
> .INITR file_base
> Here we
> .IND we
> have an Index
> .IND Index
> for me.
> .INDP
> EOF

I tried this using mgm1.30, and I could not see any problem, maybe
some bug in 1.32. You might try later versions instead, they
should work.