[Groff] Re: gpic bug

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: gpic bug
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:15:18 +0200 (CEST)

> The current rules for attributes say:

>       | WITH CORNER           { makeiattr(WITH, $2); }
>       | WITH '.' PLACENAME
            { makeoattr(PLACE, getblock(getlast(1,BLOCK), $3)); }
>       | WITH '.' PLACENAME CORNER
>           { makeoattr(PLACE, getpos(getblock(getlast(1,BLOCK), $3), $4)); }
>       | WITH position         { makeoattr(PLACE, $2); }

This is much more than documented in CSTR 116.  Please show me the
definition of `CORNER' and `PLACENAME'.

> Can you give me an example of what you think doesn't work with the
> AT&T pic?

According to CSTR 116, `WITH position' isn't possible.  So the
questions changes to: `Where are those extensions documented?' and
`If those extensions are not documented, shall I support them?'

William mentioned that he has an updated pic documentation.  Is this
available online so that I have a reference?

Thanks for digging this out.