Re: [Groff] I wonder if this is another bug...

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] I wonder if this is another bug...
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:16:53 -0500

At 06:39 p.m. 01/04/2002 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> If I type the left quote/ right quote characters as high-bit latin1
> characters, they are gobbled up, but they print fine if I use the
> macros \(lq and \(rq. No matter what macro package I use, the
> behaviour is the same.

???  There are no `lq' and `rq' characters in the right part of
latin1.

The only paired quotation characters are « and », equivalent to `Fc'
and `Fo'.

You are correct, I just had the time to check my copies of the Unicode vendor encoding vector tables and you are right. *Sigh*, I've been mind warped by using win1252 too long already :) Time to start working on those keyboard maps for vim...

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
http://dradul.tripod.com/