[Groff] Re: problem with -Thtml and groff_char.man

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] Re: problem with -Thtml and groff_char.man
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:53:18 +0100

> Hmm, what about doing this during the html pass, avoiding a call to
> eqn completely:

>  .de EQ
>  .  ig EN
>  ..
>  .de EN
>  ..

> The same for pic and probably other preprocessors also.

avoiding the call to eqn is another good idea. But we have to make
sure that the image numbers/names for both passes correspond.  We must
also ensure that users can embed equations in their own macros and
they are able to nest $$ within PS PE, TS TE pairs. Obviously all
these must work when called from within user defined macros.

As the PS/PE, TS/TE, EQ,EN macros now call www.tmac (rather than
use html extensions inside the preprocessors) it is likely
that it could be made to work. Eqn would need to be modified to
ignore $$ when -Thtml is supplied though..

Gaius