Re: [Groff] Re: html and accents problem

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: html and accents problem
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:22:45 -0500

At 05:38 p.m. 28/03/2002 +0000, Gaius Mulley wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the grohtml bug report - grohtml is in error.  I'm tackling
this bug now but while examining the problem I wonder whether there is
also a problem with s.tmac

  .TL
  This is a tést.
  .LP
  This is a tést.

when processing it through groff -ms -Tps it appears that
there is too much space between the `t' and the `é' in the
title. What do you think? Or is it just my eyes :-)

Not very noticeable, but the eacute glyph seems to have slightly wider metrics than the e glpyh, when using URW++ Nimbus Roman Bold (gs 7.04+ gsview). Metrics are equal when using Adobe's Times New Roman PS (JawsPDFCreator+AcroReader 4.05c), or JawsPDFCreator's Turku (Adobe/Linotype Times Roman metric/design equivalent).

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
http://dradul.tripod.com/