[Groff] Re: html and accents problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: html and accents problem
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:21:49 +0100 (CET)

> There are several bugs not related to the problem I reported
> initially that seems to have showed up in these files. No mattter
> what I do, I can't set up the page offset in the Quevedo's [ms]
> document.

You have to use .po directly.

This is very strange.  Changing the PO register works only *after* the
first page.  Why?  At least the ms macros on Solaris behave similarly,
so it seems intentional.  Has someone an explanation?

> Other thing. The hyphenation patterns [for Spanish] *are* latin1, I
> don't understand why I should need to declare hcode sequences for
> correct hyphenation.

I've just fixed the documentation: Only the hcodes of a-z and A-Z are
initialized by groff.

BTW, you did the following:

This is not a good idea.  groff now thinks that those characters are
letters also w.r.t hyphenation.  In case of, say, `thisisalongword«',
groff no longer finds the correct right border of the word, so it may
miss some hyphenation patterns.