Re: [Groff] SGR escape sequences as tty default: A faux pas.

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] SGR escape sequences as tty default: A faux pas.
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:46:56 -0500

At 10:13 a.m. 08/03/2002 -0500, P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote:
Well... This seems like a useless rant but I didn't have the chance to exercise groff current tty output capabilities with the new SGR escape sequences before. I have done it under cygwin using the plain old win32 console. And what I found I didn't like.

*Sigh! I probably did a useless rant. I figured out how to fix man's configuration pretty quick. Yet, I do have a concern, most vendor unices pager is 'more', no 'less'. And you can betcha 'more' can't grok SGR codes. And my concern about terminal emulators and, additionally, curses libaries, stands.

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
http://dradul.tripod.com/