[Groff] Failed to pick a low-hanging (?) fruit

From: Sigfrid Lundberg, NetLab
Subject: [Groff] Failed to pick a low-hanging (?) fruit
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:24:12 +0100 (CET)

A couple of years ago I tried to include eps images when using the grodvi
driver, The basis for this was the statement in the grodvi manual:

        The groff command \X'anything' is translated into the same
        command in the dvi file as would be produced by \special{anything}
        in TeX; anything may not contain a newline.

It kind of worked, but then new versions dvips were released, and the
.PSPIC macro changed together with '-U' option.

My failure to pick this, I think, low-hanging fruit is on

        http://www.lub.lu.se/siglun/ROFF/tmac_dvipspic.shar

Beware, this is for a YE-olde groff, still using an external psbb program
(that is gone, isn't it).

Sigge