[Groff] pic and macros [looks like a bug]

From: D. Jeff Dionne
Subject: [Groff] pic and macros [looks like a bug]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:47:03 -0000

Hi all,

I'm new to the mailing list, but have used groff for a number of years
as a documentation tool.  We're now trying to build a datasheet macro package
but it looks like I've found a show stopper bug (at least in groff 1.11).

If a (valid) pic picture is drawn from _within_ a macro, the .ll request
stops working!  See the following example code.

.de He
.PS
box;
.PE
.
.po 0
.in 1i
.ll 2i
this is a really long line which needs to be split up into a few lines
.PS
box;
.PE
this is a really long line which needs to be split up into a few lines
.He
this is a really long line which needs to be split up into a few lines
.bp

As you'll notice, after the He macro runs, the ll request is no longer works

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

--
D. Jeff Dionne