Re: [Groff] [off] micro-typography

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] [off] micro-typography
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:52:02 +0000

Or how about generating a python module called `groff' which opens a
socket to groff. Groff can also open up the same socket and the python
module can generate rpc calls across the socket to access all groff's
registers.

So you might be able to write some python code like this:

import groff

s = groff.getstring("favourite");
s = apply_micro_typography(s)
groff.setstring("favourite", s);

Not too difficult I suspect (I'm ignoring the micro-typography function
:-) but do we need these features?  I'm not really advocating this -
so I'll sit on the fence - but I am interested in the mechanics..

Gaius