Re: [Groff] [off] micro-typography

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: [Groff] [off] micro-typography
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:06:31 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:31:53AM +0100, Thomas Baruchel wrote:
> the information in a much powerful manner. In fact the processor by
> itslef could be a mere interface to any other language. Then some
> volunteers could write various 'doors' for their favorite languages.
This last idea is not so good. Many programming languages can handle
with sockets (for instance guile). The we could probably very easely
launch a guile script at the start (gorff would do it); this script,
part of the groff distribution would connect through a socket to
troff (or to the general interface I described in the previous message)
and at the same time provide new macros of high level, waiting then
for new instructions to come (through the socket). Scheme suits this
purpose very well, because unlike other languages, Scheme can wait
for scheme code and execute it in its own environment (you can't do that
in all languages; for instance, a C program can't execute a C code
it receives through a socket); I don't know if perl/python can do it?

--
'\   (define Thomas_Baruchel
  \    ((lambda (k) (k k))