Re: [Groff] Uncluttering the tmac directory

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Uncluttering the tmac directory
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 02:48:00 +0100 (CET)

> The subdirectories could be:
> ./device   macro files that are called internally by some device.
> ./lib      internal macro files and gadgets for macro packages and
>            preprocessors.
> ./rc       start-up files for preprocessors and formatters.

OK.

> ./lib/hyphen.us

This should go into another subdir, either called `language/us/'
(with other language specific files) or `hyphen/' (together with
other pattern files).

> ./lib/pic.tmac

Hmm, this should rather be in the top macro directory.  From pic.man:

   /usr/local/share/groff/1.18/tmac/pic.tmac
          Example definitions of the PS and PE macros.

> safer.tmac

This can probably be moved into lib -- it is just for backwards
compatibility.

> Are the following expected in ./ or can they go to ./device?
> ? psold.tmac
> ? pspic.tmac

I vote for `./'.

> I'll discuss the following in a thread of its own.
> ? ./device/psatk.tmac

Also into `./'.