Re: [Groff] images

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] images
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:37:01 +0100 (CET)

Ralph,

what do you think about subscribing the groff list from this
particular address also?  This makes my life easier since I don't
have to pass your mails through to the list manually :-)

> netpbm, e.g. pngtopnm, produce an ASCII format.  Actually, they
> might produce binary depending on compilation options but pnmnoraw
> will fix that.

This format is really, really a waste of space.

> An alternative is to uuencode the PNG file and have make reconstruct
> the original.

Yes, this is what I've considered also.  But this makes a new
dependence on uudecode.