Re: [Groff] Even more mm bugs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Even more mm bugs
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:34:44 +0100 (CET)

> This file processes fine under 1.17.2 (win32 port) but it will give two
> error messages under groff_current downloaded last Saturday at 8:30 am
> GMT-5, installed in Solaris 2.6 and compiled with gcc 3.03.

I don't get any error message if I call it with

  groff -ww -e -mm math1.mm > math1.ps

It works also with -Tdvi, giving no error message, but the results are
ugly (presumably because groff's mm macros don't work well with -Tdvi).

> BTW, the autoconf script that supposedly creates wrappers for local
> macros and installs them in /usr/local/share/groff/site-tmac/ is
> broken. I had to copy the wrappers *by hand* (I ran the installation
> script under bash 2.5a with the latest gnu make, the sh called by
> subprocesses is the system's default).

Please be more specific.  BTW, the wrapper files are *not* installed
in /usr/local/share/groff/site-tmac by default but in
/usr/local/lib/groff/site-tmac since they are platform-dependent data.

> As well, compatible mode does not work in Solaris 2.6. When the
> attached file is run in compatible mode (which, if I understand
> correctly, uses the macros in site-tmac to call the actual files in
> /usr/share/tmac/), there is an error in line 60 of ps.tmac trying to
> find the end of the fc macro. (I apologize for doing it off the top
> of my head, but the network route to the Solaris box is down at the
> moment).

This was an error and is now fixed in the CVS.  Thanks for the report.