Re: [Groff] Printing everything on 1 page

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Printing everything on 1 page
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:12:47 -0000 (GMT)

On 11-Jan-02 Paul J. Lucas wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>
>> The only idea which come to my mind is a comparison between a
>> PS document which prints OK and groff's PS output.  There was never a
>> report like yours until now.
>
>       Actually, I've figured out that it's because of an included
>       Encapsulated PostScript file via the .PSPIC macro.  If I remove
>       it, the pages print normally.
>
>       I've done this sort of thing before on other systmes and it's
>       always worked fine.  Any idea why it's messing up now?

In that case I would suspect that the EPS file does some things
which have an adverse effect on the surrounding PS code. That in
turn would mean that it's buggy EPS. This shouldn't happen, however,
excpet in very bad cases, since groff's encapsulating mechanism
is pretty robust. However, it could happen with unbalanced "begin"
and "end" type PS commands in the EPS file.

For starters, which software produced the EPS file?
Thereafter, I think some of us would want to look at the EPS
file, in the context of the document where you embed it.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972