Re: [Groff] Book suggestions for troff.org

From: Jaap-Jan Boor
Subject: Re: [Groff] Book suggestions for troff.org
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:47:56 +0100

Hi,

A lot of programming books are written using troff
(mostly Bell Labs or AT&T related authors)

All "The C++ Programming Language" books from Bjarne Stroustrup
are written using troff (he mention e.g. in the 2nd edition
that the book was typeset using the 10th edition of UNIX
on a VAX machine, the 3rd edition he says the book was typeset
by the author I believe).

"Accelerated C++" by Andrew Koenig and Barbara E. Moo is
also written using troff. This book came out last year (2001)

Books from Brian Kernighan and Rob Pike were already mentioned
I believe.

best regards,

Jaap-Jan Boor