[Groff] Code to convert curses screens to troff

From: Rick Richardson
Subject: [Groff] Code to convert curses screens to troff
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 08:23:06 -0600

Here's a little code fragment that I wrote to convert "curses" screens
to troff commands.  I didn't find any previous attempts on the net
that did this, so I might be the only person in the universe that
needs this :-).  At any rate, mine supports color, which is so new in
groff that I'm pretty sure this is uncharted territory.

I had to do quite a bit of mucking around with the troff commands in
it in order to get it to do the right thing when processed with nroff,
groff 1.17, and the forthcoming 1.18 troff version with color support.

N.B. I'm using a patched version of groff-CVS that works around some
of the color problems, as well as a hack in the string definitions
where I use "grey1" instead of "black" for the black background.
This avoids another color bug which I haven't yet reported.
Presumably there will be official fixes in the final 1.18 version.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  address@hidden        http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Stock information at your fingertips:   http://linuxtrade.0catch.com/

Microsoft applications are the heroin of the software industry.  Once
they have you hooked, the quality goes down, the total cost of
ownership (TCO) goes up, and its a long road to recovery.