Re: [Groff] First Draft of troff.org.

From: P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] First Draft of troff.org.
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:59:05 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Corderoy" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2001 1:46 PM
Subject: [Groff] First Draft of troff.org.

> Hi,
>
> I've got the troff.org domain name (it became free a few months ago)
> and have a draft set of content for its web site visible at
>
>     http://www.inputplus.co.uk/troff/
>
> The intention is to be a resource for all things troff-related.
>
> All comments welcome.  There's still a lot labelled `to do'.  But I'd
> welcome anything that lengthens that list, like details of more books
> on troff, etc.

Well, this book is not in your list:

Barron David and Mike Rees. 1987. Text Processing and Typesetting with
UNIX(tm). A. D. MacGettrick and J. van Leeuwen, eds. International Computer
Science Series. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., London.  xiv+450pp.
ISBN 0-201-14219-8

Out of print as far as I know. I learned the few troff I know from it while
writing papers and mid-terms at grad school, and trying to stay away from
Wordstar and WordPervert. :)

As well, I found the original source files for the troff documentation,
including the tbl, eqn and ms manuals at these addresses:

http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/system/usrdoc/ditroff/
http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/system/usrdoc/docsource/ditroff/
http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/system/usrdoc/usd/

--