[Groff] DJGPP version of Groff 1.16 for Windows works quite well

From: Borawski, Thomas
Subject: [Groff] DJGPP version of Groff 1.16 for Windows works quite well
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:50:01 -0500

Hi folks, I am stuck with using windows at work.  This makes using groff slightly more difficult-- until today.

I had been using wingroff (based on groff 1.15) to compile groff documents on my various win machines.  It worked fine except that using the .PSPIC macro crashed the program and the fact that Wingroff needed to be installed on a local-- rather than a network-- drive.

The DJGPP version of groff (gro116b.zip and gro116s.zip) suffers from none of these defects.  I compiled a 41 page document today that included pic, tbl and eps graphics-- worked without a hitch.  Now I don't have to run upstairs and use my samba client to compile a document !

I may get fatter because of lack of exercise, but Win98 crashes still give me plenty of anger management training.