Re: [Groff] Bad table images with groff -t -man -Thtml xxx.1

From: Rick Richardson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bad table images with groff -t -man -Thtml xxx.1
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:55:40 -0600

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 10:37:42PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > The manual page HTML ends up with two problems:
> >
> > 1) No vertical space between paragraphs
>
> This is still a bug, either in the macro support of HTML or in
> grohtml itself.  Gaius?
>
> > 2) The table image is completely wrong.  It looks like a
> >    clipping of what on the manual page from about 1" lower.
>
> This should work with the current snapshot.  Please get it from
>
>    ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz

No, the current version does not work any better.  The only visibile
difference that I could detect between the current version and the
1.17.2 version is that the current version overrides the background
color of the users web browser to be pure white.  That seems quite
anti-social, but a topic for a different thread.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  address@hidden      http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Twin Cities traffic animations are at http://tctraffic.0catch.com/

I still say awk '{print $1}' a lot. -- Larry Wall