Re: [Groff] poor man's wysiwyg for groff/gv

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] poor man's wysiwyg for groff/gv
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:10:37 +0000

Hi,

> this is a little gem, thanks,

An alternative if you're working on a machine where you don't have a
copy of this handy is to set gv running watching the PostScript output
file and then make your editor do the groff command on a keypress.

Either way, I find gv can sometime see the file has changed and read it
before it has finished being written to resulting in an empty or
corrupt document.  To get around this I groff out to another temporary
document && mv it to the one gv is watching if all went well.

Cheers,

Ralph.