Re: [Groff] inconsistency between .R and \*R in man.tmac

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] inconsistency between .R and \*R in man.tmac
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:00:41 +0100

> .TP
> .B \-hfs
> Create an ISO9660/HFS hybrid CD. This option should be used in
> conjunction
> with the
> .BR \-map ,
> .R \-magic
> and/or the various
> .I double dash
> options given below.

If I read this correctly, the ".R" should have been a ".B" anyway.

On the "roman" vs. "registered" issue, I nevertheless think
it is better to have a "roman" for reasons of consistency
than a "registered" (despite the latter being the AT&T way,
and me thus screwing up the existing manpages).  Otherwise
I'd feel pressured to analogously implement a "copyright",
and I'd much rather have the ".C" reserved for a "computer"
font like in the HP manpage macros.