Re: [Groff] groffview shell script

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] groffview shell script
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:32:36 +0000

Hi Bernd,

> So I decided for a minimal sanity check.  If the font path contains
> no substring "100", but "75", only then "75" is used.  In all other
> cases, "100" is used.
>
> The idea behind this is that the X server usually checks the font
> path at startup, all non-suitable directories are removed from the
> font path variable.

What X server is that?

As said before, I'd put the most suitable font directories at the front
of the path, but put worse quality ones in later for the fonts that
only they contain.  So 75,100 might be possible.

Why not either just hard-code 100 or do the check properly by looking
for which directory is mentioned first?  Either is acceptable.  The
middle ground seems the worst.

> -s --source : instead of processing the input, cat the source onto stdout
>               (useful for reading the source code of man-pages)

cat `man -aw groff`?

Cheers,

Ralph.