Re: [Groff] me docs

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] me docs
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:49:04 +0000

Hi Werner,

> We should probably introduce a similar system as provided within
> LaTeX to the all major macro packages:
>
>   \DocumentClass{<name}[<version string>]

I think I've lost track of what problem is trying to be solved here.
(Anyone care to give a clear summary?) But would having groff inspect
the first line of each given file for a magic comment describing
options to be merged into the existing command line help.

So just like the kernel watches for `#! /bin/make -f' groff could look
for

    .\"#! groff -p -mm

On OS with binfmt you could get the kernel to look for this too if you
really wanted.

Cheers,

Ralph.