Re: [Groff] me docs

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] me docs
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:32:41 +0000

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:22:06PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > The question is whether man pages should use this mechanism also --
> > > probably an overkill since `man' handles this properly.
> >
> > We could provide some man facilities to groffview.  Maybe a .manso
> > request.
>
> You probably mean a .manso macro...
>
> Anyway, man pages can be rather easily recognized with grog.

I think this is overkill too. There's no need for groff to reinvent
man(1). Some implementations of man even provide the -l option or some
other way for you to look at man-formatted files without having to put
them in a proper hierarchy.

--
Colin Watson                                  address@hidden