[Groff] gnuplot gpic driver is spiffy

From: Borawski, Thomas
Subject: [Groff] gnuplot gpic driver is spiffy
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:20:14 -0500

I am working with groff on a IBM laptop with Debian 2.2.  It was a
bit of a pain upgrading Groff to 1.16 by hand (many library changes).

One of the reasons I was thinking of moving up to 1.17 was the addition
of grap.  Now, I don't know if I have to.

This weekend I finished a paper that contained graphs produced by gnuplot's
gpic driver.  I was very pleased how well it worked.  I suppose Grap is far
more convenient to work with, but gnuplot/gpic at least lets me do graphing
with version 1.16.

Perhaps If I have some spare time, I will work on a Groff/Gnuplot command
interface, something on the order of:

.G3
{{gnuplot commands to create the graph popdata.pic}}
.G4
.PS
copy "popdata.pic"
.PE

Anyone else have any other ideas on integrating gnuplot ?