[Groff] original troff

From: Jaap-Jan Boor
Subject: [Groff] original troff
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:04:38 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Quite some discussions on this list are
related to compatibility between groff and
bell-labs' original troff.
By now it's more or less easy to get access to
original troff source code (as you probably now?)
e.g. a Unix System III source code license including
source can be retrieved from SCO's site (now Caldera?)

Also, for non-commercial use, the Solaris 8 code
can be downloaded from Sun, this includes the
Sys V.4 troff source.

The code however is quite unreadable, but it could
be compiled so you can run tests between groff and
original troff.

Jaap-Jan