RE: [Groff] Refer Question

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Refer Question
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 14:38:27 -0000 (GMT)

On 08-Nov-01 Borawski, Thomas wrote:
> My question is: When using Refer in endnotes mode ($LIST$), Is there
> any way to supress the "references" string ?

In the ms macros (tmac.s) "References" is the default value
of the string register REFERENCES:

  .ds REFERENCES References

In the me macros (tmac.e) "References" comes in via the
macro definition

  .de ]<
  .$p References
  .lp
  .rm (f )f
  ..

There seems to be nothing in any of the other macro sets.

So, if using -ms, simply redefine REFERENCES.

If using -me, you will have to redefine the whole macro.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 08-Nov-01                                       Time: 14:38:27