Re: [Groff] Groff for OS/2

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff for OS/2
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:53:15 +0000

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 07:46:35PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> I did manage to build v1.15 yesterday straight from the GNU source using
> autoconf, configure and Make, but just noticed that the most recent
> release (v1.17.2) no longer has a configure.in.
>
> Is there any reason for this?

configure.in has been renamed to configure.ac. You should be able to
build configure from it using autoconf >= 2.50, if you need to.

> I was actually hoping to find an updated configure.in which included the
> new AC_EXEEXT keyword so that it would build executables properly on OS/2
> without needing to jump through various hoops.

I believe that that's done automatically by newer versions of autoconf,
so you should be able to build from the 1.17.2 tarball without needing
to rebuild configure, unless there's some other reason to do so.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  address@hidden